Are you looking for a hearty and delicious low carb dinner idea? This Creamed Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops recipe is the perfect keto meal.
A lot of people miss sandwiches when they start the ketogenic diet. Then they quickly learn there are so many different low carb bun options out there.
You can use portobello mushrooms, lettuce, homemade cauliflower buns and many other items too. Today, we’re sharing a recipe for Creamed Spinach Pork Chops.
While the pork chops are no bread, they are a hearty creamed spinach holder that will help you stay in ketosis. You’ll want to eat this low carb meal with a fork and knife though 🙂
This flavorful one-pan meal only takes about half an hour to get on the table, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something a little healthier than take out.
Creamed Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops
Low Carb Creamed Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops 1” thick (I get mine from ButcherBox)
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 12 ounces fresh organic spinach rinsed and patted dry
- 4 ounces lactose-free cream cheese softened and divided
- 2 tablespoons organic sour cream
- 1 cup organic, homemade chicken broth
- Cut each pork chop with a sharp knife along one side to form a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through. Season each side with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the minced garlic over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet. Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant and golden brown, which should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until it wilts, stirring constantly, and working in batches if you need to.
- Add 3 ounces of cream cheese and the sour cream to the skillet and mix until the spinach is coated and the cheeses are totally melted.
- Once the cheeses are melted, add sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste then remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow them to cool slightly before stuffing each of the pork chops evenly with the spinach mixture, using all of the spinach mixture you made in the previous steps.
- Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the same skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the spinach-stuffed pork chops to the hot skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the pork is browned and completely cooked through.
- Once they're done, remove the pork chops from the skillet and transfer them one at a time to a serving dish. Cover the pork chops with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth and remaining cream cheese to the same skillet you made the spinach dip in and cook over medium-high heat. While you're stirring to mix in the cream cheese, be sure to also scrape up all of the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet for extra flavor. Keep cooking until this sauce is reduced by half, which should take about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season with extra sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper, if you'd like.
- To serve, plate each Spinach Stuffed Pork Chop and spoon some of the sauce over each one, then enjoy immediately.