Cauliflower is super popular with people on the keto diet, and for good reason. It’s a very versatile vegetable! One of my favorite low carb side dish recipes is this yummy garlic & chive mashed cauliflower!
I thought I’d miss mashed potatoes. I really did. Then I discovered mashed cauliflower and all was right in the world!
Seriously, if you haven’t tried mashed cauliflower yet, do it! You are seriously missing out on a tasty, low carb meal that can easily be made high fat with a slab of butter and some cheese.
If you’re looking for a good recipe to start with, this flavorful garlic and chive mashed cauliflower pairs well with a wide range of beef, pork, chicken (get quality meat from Butcher Box) and plant-based entrees.
Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes, so it’s ideal for busy weeknights when you need to serve a healthy dinner without too much trouble. Pair it with a whole roasted chicken, stuffed pork chops or your favorite entree!
Low Carb Garlic & Chive Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
Low Carb Garlic & Chive Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 medium cauliflower head florets only
- 2-3 medium whole garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes. You could also pressure cook it in your Instant Pot.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder and onion powder. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until it's smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply