Are you looking for a delicious keto breakfast idea? These low carb loaded avocado baked eggs feature my favorite ketogenic ingredients – bacon, cheese, eggs and avocado!
This delicious breakfast dish looks as good as it tastes. It combines a few of my favorite ingredients – avocado, bacon and cheese.
There are a couple of “tricks” to perfecting this recipe that you’ll want to keep in mind. For example, it works best to choose large avocados with medium-sized eggs (or medium avocados with small eggs).
If you don’t match the sizes up that way, you’ll find that the egg white could overfill your avocado halves. In addition, cracking your eggs one at a time into a small bowl before your carefully pour it into the avocado will also help you to prevent a mess.
While we often eat these Loaded Avocado Baked Eggs for a keto breakfast, they also make a great snack, side dish lunch or dinner too!
Loaded Avocado Baked Eggs Keto Breakfast Recipe
Loaded Avocado Baked Eggs
- 2 large ripe organic avocados
- 2 medium pastured eggs
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded organic cheddar (or your favorite cheese)
- 3 strips sugar-free bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled (I get mine from Butcher Box)
- Organic chives or green onions (green parts only), sliced thin (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits (you can toss them). Use a spoon to carefully remove a small amount of the avocado around where the pit was to make enough room for your egg. Set aside the avocado flesh you remove for another use (or you can smash it, season it with sea salt and pepper to taste, and top each baked avocado half with a spoonful before serving).
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and then carefully transfer the egg into one of the prepared avocado halves. It's a lot easier to make sure you don't get any peel in your egg this way. Place the egg-filled avocado half onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat this process with the remaining avocado halves and cracked eggs. Season each half with sea salt, garlic powder and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Place your egg-filled avocado halves into your pre-heated oven and bake them for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the baked avocado halves from the oven and top each one with shredded cheese and crispy bacon pieces. Garnish with chives or sliced green onions, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply