Finding healthy low carb side dish recipes when you start the keto diet can be overwhelming. Keep it simple with this easy spicy low carb oven roasted cauliflower bites.
Cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables around. You can make riced cauliflower, mashed cauliflower, steamed cauliflower, sauteed cauliflower and one of my favorites – spicy roasted cauliflower
I find that this is the perfect side dish for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Even my kids ask for seconds when I make it!
All you have to do is toss together all of the ingredients then pop it in the oven for an amazingly flavorful, low carb side dish that pairs wonderfully with everything from organic chicken to grassfed beef and heritage pork roasts or stuffed pork chops.
Low Carb Easy Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Side Dish Recipe
Low Carb Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Side Dish
- Preheat your oven to 450˚ F then line a large, rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Add the clean cauliflower florets, extra virgin olive oil, fresh minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to a large mixing bowl and toss to coat the cauliflower evenly with the oil and spices. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Spread the prepared cauliflower florets on your prepared baking sheet in a single layer so everything roasts evenly.
- Transfer your pan to the oven and roast your cauliflower in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Once it's evenly roasted, remove the pan from the oven then turn your broiler on high.
- Evenly sprinkle the roasted cauliflower with ¼ cup fresh-grated Parmesan cheese then place the pan in the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes or until the cauliflower is a nice, golden brown
- Remove the pan from the broiler and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese then serve immediately with your favorite keto-friendly meal.